Alright folks, let's talk about wall hangings. They're super trendy right now and I can see why! They're affordable and so easy to make! Today I'll be showing you how you can create your own wall hanging. Shall we?
You will need:
2x wooden dowels
1. Snip off a long strip of yarn
(depending on the length you want - I did roughly about 80" long)
and make a loop around the first dowel.
2. Feed the yarn through the top loop.
3. Tie a knot for the next dowel.
(I did roughly 5" apart from the first dowel)
4. Slide the second dowel and tie another knot underneath.
5. Repeat these steps across.
(I did 15 of these across)
6. Start beading your wooden beads in your desired pattern.
7. Create another pattern towards the bottom of the yarn with more beads.
8. Trim off excess yarn in your desired pattern.
9. Hang it up with embroidery floss, and you're done!
When stringing the yarn through the dowels, try taping the wooden pieces down on a flat surface with painter's tape. It makes it easier to feed the yarn through without much movement between the two dowels!
There are so many ways you can customize this project as well. Depending on your style, you could even paint the beads copper, gold or black! This is an excellent weekend project that you can look forward to doing with friends!
Oh and happy first day of Spring!